The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a highly-regarded qualification for anyone wanting to advance their studies and/or career in early childhood learning.
This diploma provides students with the skills necessary to provide adequate care for children in an educational setting, with an emphasis on play-based learning. As an early childhood carer, graduates from this course will be equipped with the following skills:
- Leading or managing an early childhood care program
- Supporting and encouraging childhood learning and development
- Planning and developing educational programs to assist with a child’s learning
- Supporting the health and safety of children and their families
- Supervising children in the classroom and at play
- Assisting in the nutritional needs and well-being of children
- Working with communities and external agencies
- Ensuring compliance with policies, legislation and ethical practices
- Providing emergency first-aid in an education and care setting
With help from the NSW Government’s “Smart and Skilled” program, there is never a better time to start your career with a childcare course at our Parramatta Campus in Sydney.