The CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
This diploma course provides students with the skills necessary to provide adequate care for children in an educational setting, with an emphasis on play-based learning. As an early childhood carer, graduates from this course will be equipped with the following skills:
- Leading or managing an early childhood care program
- Supporting and encouraging childhood learning and development
- Planning and developing educational programs to assist with a child’s learning
- Supporting the health and safety of children and their families
- Supervising children in the classroom and at play
- Assisting in the nutritional needs and well-being of children
- Working with communities and external agencies
- Ensuring compliance with policies, legislation and ethical practices
- Providing emergency first-aid in an education and care setting
Students will be able to experience a mixture of theoretical and hands-on practical application to consolidate and develop their skills. First Base Training will organise practical work placement for students to acquire valuable firsthand experience in the Childcare industry and enhance their understanding of the fundamental skills required to excel in this career path.