The Certificate IV in Disability reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
This is a program designed for those who have a calling to support and empower people with disabilities so they may achieve greater independence, community participation and well-being. We incorporate both traditional classroom learning with hands-on application in an active workplace. This structure allows you to take what you studied in class and apply it in a real-world setting to enhance your skills and understanding. Our expert trainers share their first-hand experience within the industry to give our students a greater insight into the expectations of the industry.
In this course, you will develop the skills to:
- Develop and provide individualised support with a person-centred approach
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- Provide and facilitate services for complex needs
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Develop safe work practices
- Provide first aid